This week we sat down with PEJ Events, one of our favorite catering teams! Known for their stellar menu selections and top notch customer service, this caterer is a must have for your vendor dream team.
Check out what they had to say about how to make your wedding process as smooth as can be!
- Decide what is most important to you– there are so many elements that can go into a wedding but narrowing down what is most important to you will help you create a budget. Remember it is YOUR day so choose what makes YOU happy. For example, if you love food and want that to be a big element then you can be more creative with your catering choices (fun interactive stations, family style, etc). Do whatever makes the two of you happy, your guests are there to celebrate with you and will love your choices!
- Hire a coordinator– whether you are the super organized bride that has everything decided and just needs someone on the day of to keep the night flowing. Or the more hands off bride that would prefer to explain what she wants and have someone take the design from there, you will need a coordinator. While a month of or full-service coordinator is definitely the best route to go, you will at least need to have someone there on the day of to handle the small details and allow you and your guests to enjoy themselves.
- Lock in essential vendors ASAP– venue, catering, music (band/DJ), photographer, and floral are the main vendors you’ll need to start locking in as early as you can so you don’t have to scramble and find available ones closer to the date. Your date does heavily come into play as well because during slower seasons (Jan & Feb, Jul & Aug) you may not have as much trouble with availability. It’s always better to be safe than sorry though and lock them in as early as you can!
- Make Lists– creating checklists will help you stay organized and less stressed leading up to the big day. It’s always easier to just check it off the list than having to remember everything you’ll need. Utilizing lists you can find online (the knot, pinterest, wedding wire) are also helpful to know what should be included on your lists.
- Enjoy yourselves– this day only comes once and will pass so quickly so please take the time to relax and soak in everything that you’ve worked so hard for. It is YOUR day, let everyone pamper you and make you feel special.
Be sure to reach out to PEJ for all of your catering needs!